Bottle

Today I received several Christmas gifts but the best present of all was the one that the badgers of  Palmer's Scrubs Wood gave to me down in Bedfordshire on Tuesday afternoon. 

You can see the little bottle in my top and tail images. It is four inches tall and I say "inches" because my brain is still not au fait with any foreign metric systems of measurement. 

At first when I saw the word "Lemonade" embossed on the side of the bottle I was confused. I mean - it's such a little bottle - what would be the point of such a tiny amount of liquid refreshment?

Later, internet research taught me that when the bottle was sold over a hundred years ago,  it would have contained lemonade crystals or powder that could then be used to make up several pints of lemonade.

On laptops in their woodland setts, wild badgers will often trawl through the blogosphere on cold winter nights. If any of them happen upon this humble Yorkshire blog  and see this blogpost, I would like to thank them heartily for their antique glass Christmas gift. Much appreciated.


from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/U7iEauH

تعليقات

المشاركات الشائعة من هذه المدونة

Easter

Today