Balls

 
Balls? I thought that might get your attention for some reason. 

Above that's one kind of fungi known as earthballs and below that's another kind of fungi called  puffballs. I googled images of them sliced open to see how they might compare with the "thing" I shared with you on Saturday night.
I am still no closer to coming up with an airtight explanation. If I had spare banknotes aplenty I might send the curious item off somewhere for chemical analysis.

I should emphasise how light the item is and when you squeeze its surface it is springy - like a sponge. It has no odour and since I sliced it open its inner whiteness has not changed. Just as a reminder, here's the dissected image that I posted on Saturday:-
Maybe it is some kind of sponge for cosmetics or their removal but no amount of googling revealed anything similar.

Ah well, thanks for all the helpful suggestions but  maybe I will never know.

I ended  yesterday's blogpost with this odd line that had Meike in Germany puzzled: "Mama done told me there'd be days like this". It referenced a song that played in my head before I pressed the "Publish" button. First recorded in 1994, that song is "Days Like This" by Van Morrison and for your elucidation and entertainment, here it is:- 


from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/ilDE65O

تعليقات

المشاركات الشائعة من هذه المدونة

Easter

Today