Dodger

Trump's mugshot - taken at Fulton County Jail in Georgia is kind of scary. The way he is looking into the camera with such venom, such revulsion - it's as if he wants to rip the cameraman or camerawoman to pieces. What lies behind those piercing eyes except self-importance?  There doesn't seem to be much else.

Writing under my pen name - Max Tribulatio, I wanted my new book to remind Trump's misguided and obstinate supporters that he chickened out of the Vietnam War. "Heel spurs" magically appeared and then disappeared at the very  time that he received his draft papers. What kind of true American patriot would wantonly dodge the draft like that when so many of his peers bravely did their duty? 

Thousands did not return but Trump didn't care because  he was okay. Now his vulgar red caps bear the legend "Make America Great Again". Isn't that rather rich coming from a draft dodger?

I expect that his disturbing, defiant mugshot will become part of history and will keep being seen long after he has been dropped into a hole in the ground.

In another twist, just as I am about to press "Publish", I notice with astonishment that Trump's fund-raising team and his most fanatical supporters are already starting to embrace the ugly mugshot as some sort of brand affirmation. This makes me all the happier that I immediately interpreted it in a very different way.


from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/O9xubKI

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق