Rhiannon

Mick and I won the pub quiz up at "The Hammer and Pincers" tonight. Just the two of us. It's nice when things come together and hunches work out. In "guess the year" I knew that Cruise missiles first came to Greenham Common in England before our Ian was born. I drove down to Winchester to attend the wedding of my friend Jock and his lady - Sally. I stopped at Greenham Common to tie one of my father's old handkerchiefs to the wire fencing. I had drawn  on it in permanent marker the "Ban the Bomb" peace symbol: ☮. The year was 1983.

Riding home on the Number 88 bus I heard the voice of Stevie Nix playing in my head - a voice that was and remains very evocative. It speaks of vulnerability and tenderness and simply being human. I suspect we all hear old songs in our heads in idle moments. They rise to the surface like fish and we listen to them all over again. Sometimes they just play in the background - rather like radio music in a taxi cab.


Rhiannon rings like a bell through the night
And wouldn't you love to love her?
Takes to the sky like a bird in flight
And who will be her lover?
All your life you've never seen
Woman taken by the wind
Would you stay if she promised you heaven?
Will you ever win?


from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/XkpdegQ

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق