Heathen

 

When the day was done. I decided to treat myself by toddling  off  down to "The Itchy Pig" for three pints of "Heathen" brewed by The Abbeydale Brewery here in Sheffield. If you have drawn the conclusion that I stole that beermat then I am afraid you are wrong because I asked the barman if I could bring it home and he happily agreed.

It was a lonesome day. I spoke briefly to Jill - one of our next door neighbours and later I spoke briefly to Anna - our next door neighbour on the other side. I didn't harness Clint today. Instead, I did some maintenance work and also watched some catch-up TV.

The work included the careful reduction of our little bay tree and application of decking oil to our upper decking. There was also some extra cleaning and sanding to do before the decking oil was brushed on.

The catch-up TV was all about "The Gallows Pole" - a new BBC drama series. I have read the book that it is based upon and that was bloody good. THe drama series is a very different experience. I blogged about the novel here.

Soon, with the help of my son-in-law Stewart, I am going to have to tackle the boards on our lower decking. There are thirty three of them and they were installed twenty years ago. Some of them are clearly rotting and unsafe. I have no idea what the structure beneath them is like but I am keeping my fingers crossed on that one. New boards alone  will cost me almost £400 (US $513) thanks to Boris Johnson's Brexit.

Tomorrow is Father's Day here in Great Britain and Frances has arranged to take me and Stewart out for a fancy Father's Day Sunday dinner. I must say that I am rather pleased about that as it will save me from cooking as usual. Shirley won't be back until midday on Monday.

"Heathen" is a beer brand name that suits me well as I am a heathen just like my Viking ancestors. What beer brand name would suit your character best of all.... "Smooth Operator", "Sexy Beast", "Nasty Old Git"   or something else?



from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/2FnwRJz

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق