Mindful


 I was never one for houseplants.
True, I have an aspidistra who is at least 40 years old and a flowering cactus almost that age , but these two are surviving more from luck than from design. 
Since lockdown I have collected houseplants and the best bit of advice I have had looking after them came from the postman, who one day complemented me on my collection.
When there’s a warmish rainstorm , bout all of your plants outside for a long shower
It’s labour intensive , but it doesn’t half clean and nurture them
So that’s what I have done this morning. Set the plants in the rain and then returned them one by one when they were wet and really green again.
I know repetitive and somehow quite mindful.

This respective, mindless behaviour is a useful mechanism to employ when stress is in your life. I’ve always used it at work when things got too much to handle. I’ve gone to the drugs room to clean the drugs trays or move the laundry around or clean the dressing trolleys.

Washing dishes is a mindful chore too
It’s done with the above view of plants and flying gull and of pretty crockery and moving the plates and the knives from hot water to cold rinse let’s your mind unwind and slow down. 

My grandmother hated ironing clothes, she said that it “ slowed down the brain” 
Now it’s therapy


from Going Gently https://ift.tt/HzugNbI

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق