Tulips and beards and nurses





 I went out to lunch with my sister in law today. Tonight I’d planned to meet Chic Eleanor for supper. 
Lots of foody things today. 
Eleanor messaged me that she couldn’t come as her mother was poorly…very poorly as it turned out and I’ve just dropped some cheerful tulips off at her house on the other side of the village.
Her house was deserted

I’m scruffy as I’ve grown a full beard, a friend in the village who I haven’t seen in a long time commented on it today.
He called me a hipster.
I told him I’m too old 

I will have to make a decision to temper it soon 
I’ve had a beard most of my adult life, but never one as unruly 

In the supermarket I overheard two women complaining about the nurses’ strike.
They said nurses were putting people at risk now, and that they shouldn’t complain 

Now it starts , I said to myself.
And I wish everyone would watch this American medical soap’s nurse speech 
It sort of captures some of the essence that I’d like a lot of nurses feel







from Going Gently https://ift.tt/WjwVsxZ

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق