Peggy

At last, the East Yorkshire village where I was born and raised has become famous. It is home to what is officially England's ugliest dog. Four-year-old Peggy is believed to be a Pug and Chinese Crested cross or in other words - a Pugese. She won the coveted national  prize earlier this week fending off stiff competition. Owner Holly Middleton said of Peggy, "She is beautiful inside and out".

Surely this means there's hope for any ugly bloggers, trolls and regular commenters out there. It doesn't matter what you look like on the outside, it's what is on the inside that counts.

Peggy's main prize was a  spa session and makeover in a dog salon in Beverley, East Yorkshire where I went to school. To clarify, I did not go to school in the dog salon. I attended Beverley Grammar School between 1970 and 1972  and that's where I took my A levels in English, Art and Geography.

That scholastic achievement was as nothing compared with Peggy being crowned The Ugliest Dog in the kingdom. Go Peggy!


from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/SWPEJbn

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق