Casablanca


 I’ve never really liked Casablanca .
I watched it again yesterday afternoon with some onion rings and a lascivious bitch under each arm in the hope I would enjoy it 

I know I should like it , after all it’s supposed to be one of the biggest screen love stories of the 20th century .
But I just don’t get it. 
Rick is too bad tempered. Ilsa flitted from one man to another in a blink of an eye and the film noir stalwarts such as Sidney Greenstreet and Peter Lorrie just got on my tits as did Claude Rains with his jaunty kepis.
I didn’t believe the story and I was bored …..
The love affair between Bergman and Bogart feels wrong to me and as I did in Now Voyager , my affections clearly swing towards Paul Henreid as the quietly spoken Czech resistance leader .
Boy was he a dish, especially when he got the Night Club crowd to belt out the Marseillaise to drown out the nazi singing 
He had me at “ Ahoj”


from Going Gently https://ift.tt/PHdOyjQ

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق