Apps

 



Grinder is an app that tells you how close another gay man is to you. If you travel somewhere new, it is likely that you get a few “ likes” from men who are attracted to your photo, or what you say on it.
In my experience not many will read your profile.
I was sat in the Storyhouse yesterday when when my phone pinged several times.
Peter was in his 50’s married and “ a practicing bisexual for the last 20 years” 
My question of “ Haven’t you got the hang of things yet? ” fell on stoney ground. 
A faceless 18 year old wanted “ a daddy and sex”  even though my profile clearly said friends only and Phil from Chester Central told me he liked my photo and did I have any M O R E  ( body) pics?
I sent him one of Canterbury Cathedral 
He didn’t reply

A pleasant looking chap of similar age called Cynical Sam wanted to know what I was doing , and we embarked on a normal conversation about the Storyhouse and art house films . 
I’d written a short pithy paragraph about the Korean film The Host when he removed his profile and page, effectively blocking any further conversation 
another success john, I thought.
And there they all were on an app page , the faceless, the confused, the predatory, the lonely and the lost.
Cynical Sam was perhaps overly cynical in his quest for looking for a “ normal SINGLE and SORTED bloke sort…..I thought my précis on The Host was informative and funny…..
You can’t please everyone I guess.

I looked through the app page again, lots of men without shirts looking for sex. Lots of blank profiles looking at men without shirts who are looking for sex. 
A few men looking for Mr Right ,but who will happily end up with a few Mr bj in a lay-by by the Grovensor Garden centre.
Most normal looking ones proclaiming their wonderful Open Relationship status.

I chatted to a polite Polish guy who seemed nice enough. 
He liked fat guys with nice smiles
I told him he needed to practice his English.

I ordered another coffee and texted a friend who gossiped about this and that and the other.
Nu messaged me too and I told her what film I was going to watch.
She said it had great reviews 😊

The coffee came and I opened my phone again
Another “ like” this time from “Hung in Saltney🌈”

What am I doing ? I said to myself 
And I deleted the app on my phone for good before sipping my coffee







from Going Gently https://ift.tt/VpNl9sb

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق