Charity Begins At Home

 I’ve been pottering around in the kitchen all day.
Nothing stressful , just all rather mindful 
Dinner is more or less ready. Just candles to put on the cake.
It was my sister in law’s birthday yesterday.

From the kitchen window, I could see Islwyn beavering away by the Church , so I took the dogs up the lane for a walk to see what he was up to. 
He had cleared the Church path of weeds and moss and had uncovered many of the old gravestones that had been lain flat in the 1980s. 
The covid snake stones, he had collected up neatly to be rearranged again, whilst another villager Mr Morris finished varnishing the lytchgate. Mr Morris Islwyn told me had financed the work himself.
I asked Islwyn why he working on the graveyard after the Church had been closed but I already sort of knew what his answer would be. 
“ I was a bad man my youth” Islwyn chucked “Now I’m earning myself some brownie points” 




Bunches of cyclamen planted by the Church gate by one of the members of the community association .

I haven’t got much else to do ( hence the blog entry) just wine glasses to polish, pudding to make.
Shit I’ve missed out an ingredient for the main course…time to sort it out


from Going Gently https://ift.tt/cwMUjxn

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق