When Things Go Quiet

 It’s a while since I had a puppy.
It’s probably like parents with grown up children.
You quickly can forget the rules of ownership 
And the first one is?
When everything is quiet
Something is afoot.

20 minutes unsupervised after a walk and two pot plants were disemboweled and scattered around the living room and one pile of vomit  left thoughtfully on the trendy blue sofa seat.
Roger has had his first telling off and is quiet and contrite in his cage.
Im sure Dorothy is actually smiling from her arm chair at his disgrace.

The Randa girls stopped yesterday. I say girls loosely as they are now very much young women but I’m happy to say that their need to cuddle the dogs have not diminished since they were little girls. Mary clambered into Eve’s lap and happily closed her eyes and Liv held Roger as though he was a baby, and although he sat stiffly at first, unsure of this new “ friend” he relaxed soon enough and closed his eyes too, as Welsh terriers have a want to do.
I reminded both girls of the time I babysat them years ago when I caught them back combing William ‘s red fur so much though that he happily resembled Tina Turner in her Mad Max period
Things suddenly went quiet then…..

What am I doing today? 
I refer to the filofax list.
Lunch with an old colleague from my Intensive Care Days 
Some reading for college 
Theatre with Gorgeous Dave . A premier of The Famous Five musical at Theatre Clwyd.
It may be shite , but because it’s just bedding in and the tickets are cheap.

The weather changed last night and at 2 am I walked around the cottage closing the small windows which had been open for much of the summer . Both Mary and Dorothy cuddled up to me in bed, and even Albert sneaked in to the periphery to share some warmth. 
Roger has yet to be able to negotiate  the stairs so is not allowed on the bed as yet.

The winter duvet is airing over the thermal store
I don’t feel very inspired to write this morning 

Hey ho






from Going Gently https://ift.tt/zSl9ir0

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق