Fa venire l’acquolina in bocca



 After walking the dogs, I slept heavily until 3pm
I must have needed the sleep , for a woke cuddling Albert which never happens when we are both conscious. 
Subsequently I’m on catch up.
The place looks like Coventry after the bombing. 
Having a new puppy is like having a toddler without a nappy and this compounded with night shifts mean than the cottage looks, well rather grubby.
I drove to Sainsbury’s listening to the seven minute Last Resort by The Eagles 
And sang it all the way through.
I bought healthy
Mozzarella, Basil, huge organic tomatoes and a small Italian ciabatta. 
Chic Eleanor caught me by the fruit aisle and peered into my trolley
Fa Venice l’acquolina in bocca” she purred
She’s taught me that phrase before.

I came home and made proper coffee in the Moka pot. 
I gave each one of the dogs a pigs ear ( Dorothy always has two as her mouth is bigger) and I’ve got, I reckon a good 15 minutes piece until they start demanding again.
I pour my coffee and sit at the table 
I need a few minutes to write my blog and chill.
There’s a Trelawnyd Community Association meeting at 5.30 and because of the brief rain we had everything feels humid and sticky.
I need a shower too
But not before coffee and kitchen table time.
Dorothy kicks the cat flap in a diva anger strop and I let her in. 
Villager Jim is standing outside the cottage on two sticks 
I haven’t seen him since before lockdown. 
He wasn’t well then
We chatted for a while 
“ Apparantly I have  early onset Alzheimer’s John” he told me
“ You remembered my name after three years” I reminded him
“ Oh yes I did” he said rather pleased with himself.
Roger threw up his pigs ear onto the patio and Dorothy gleefully sucked it up.
I took my coffee and ipad into the living room, pigs ear smell is revolting

Winifred’s Rubber chicken lies forlorn on the carpet.
And from the kitchen I can hear Mary chasing Roger outside in order to bark a welcome to another passerby. 

Nothing is still except the chicken

I may light the log burner tonight



from Going Gently https://ift.tt/tw2mnKC

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق