Nature

Nature is pretty resilient and its principal urge is to live, to exist, to reproduce. Consequently, it came as no real surprise to me that our old horse chestnut tree has shown signs of regrowth. Green stirrings on the stump.

You may recall that we hired tree surgeons to take the tree down in May, leaving only a stump that we could use as an extra bird table. Go here. I could have asked for the stump to be removed or for "tree killer" to be poured into drilled holes but I didn't want that. Ofttimes when you fell a tree, the shock is sufficient to bring an abrupt halt to any future growth 

Today I cut off any regrowth emerging from the remaining trunk and applied weed killer to the greenery thrusting  upwards from around the horizontally sawn plane where the fatal chainsaw cut was made in May. I am hoping that that will do the job of inhibiting or preventing any future growth though I would not put much money on that prospect.

Meantime, congratulations to England's women on beating Germany in the final of the Euros 2022.  You did your country proud and I am not ashamed to say that when the final whistle blew, I had tears in my eyes. An authentic moment of mingled joy and pride. England 2 Germany 1.  Brilliant and well-deserved.



from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/eKQUOmT

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق