Shireoaks

For one reason or another, I hadn't had a good long walk in several days but that changed today. I drove east to a place called Shireoaks just outside the Nottinghamshire market town of Worksop. After parking Clint in a shady lay-by right next to The Chesterfield Canal, I set off on a circular route that brought me back to the beginning after three hours.

On a leafy path in Gateford a young woman came up behind me. We were some distance from local houses with no other people in sight. I was suddenly conscious of what might be going through her mind - encountering a strange man in a secluded spot. It could easily be the stuff of nightmares.

Somehow I was able to put her mind at rest and we ended up chatting quite happily. I explained my geograph hobby and why she had found me stock still staring at a map. She told me that she had recently started working at a care home for the elderly and had been hired to enrich the residents' days with entertainment, music and art and craft sessions. We walked along together and when we split I said, "I hope that you continue to enjoy your job. You're doing something very worthwhile in my opinion".

Now I am just going to let some more of today's  photographs do the rest of the talking.








from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/IlpVBda

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق