Common

One of Sheffield's most famous sons is Jarvis Cocker. He was the frontman of the band Pulp that achieved enormous success in the mid nineteen nineties.

As I drove along Ecclesall Road yesterday afternoon, I noticed a new piece of street art near the shopping centre known as Berkeley Precinct. Tonight, as I was visiting the local "Tesco" to pick up a few things, I nipped round the corner to take the picture shown above.

Of course one of Pulp's most famous anthems was "Common People"  which is what the mural is referencing. It was an unusual and clever song that tried to say something meaningful about ordinary urban lives as many of Jarvis's self-penned lyrics did:-

You wanna live like common people
You wanna see whatever common people see
Wanna sleep with common people
You wanna sleep with common people
Like me
But she didn't understand
She just smiled and held my hand



from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/KCuwLcf

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق