Basher

Basher Eyre

Basher Eyre describes himself as a "Church crawler, Pevsnerian, Wikipedian, Groundhopper, Steam Nut and Supply Teacher". He is a prolific contributor to the Geograph site that I am also addicted to. Since 2009, I have contributed 16,387 images to Geograph but Basher Eyre has contributed 160,669 images. That is quite an astonishing  difference.

Basher lives in Hampshire and when he arrives in a place he gets clicking with his camera. He is especially fond of clicking in and around churches. Notice that he describes himself as a "Pevsnerian" after the great architectural historian Nikolaus Pevsner (1902-1983) who painstakingly judged the merits of all significant ecclesiastical buildings in England and indeed many other secular buildings with true architectural merit.

Recently, Basher Eyre has been out and about in a large Hampshire village called Liss. Like a fisherman returning to port, he hauled in dozens of photos of Liss and to give you a flavour of Basher's unique photographic style, here are three of his Liss images:-
The bus stop on Mill Road

Looking from Forest Road into Briar Wood

Lamp post on Forest Road

Personally, I doubt that "Basher" is Mr Eyre's actual first name. I suspect it is just a nickname but if that is the case, it is a highly appropriate one for a man whose recent income has mostly come from supply teaching! 

I have never had a nickname apart from the one I gave myself for the purposes of this blog  - Yorkshire Pudding - sometimes altered to YP, Pud, Yorkie 0r Puddingman. However, if I were to select a proper nickname for myself  I might also choose Basher. It is kind of cool and co-incidentally  Mr Eyre  and I look rather like brothers!

If you were to pick a nickname for yourself, what would it be and why?
________________________________________
Dear Basher Eyre,
If you have stumbled upon this blogpost at some point in the future, I hope you are not offended by it. That was certainly not my intention. I hope you are still submitting images to Geograph. 160,669 is an amazing number - a photographic fecundity which leaves me in a state of slack-jawed admiration.
Best wishes,
Yorkshire Pudding


from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/Qxus4tC

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق