Wordle

I first heard about Wordle three weeks ago. There were bits of news about its sale to "The New York Times" so I investigated. It turns out that Wordle is a very simple word game. You have six opportunities to guess the word of the day though of course your powers of deduction come into play. Finding the answer is not entirely guesswork. To me it provides a useful bit of mental exercise. Completing a game never takes more than ten minutes.

I have played 18 games so far and I am proud to announce that I have a 1oo% success record. Eight of my correct answers came on the fourth guess, eight on the fifth guess and two on the sixth guess.

Below, a Wordle game has just begun. The first guess was "PEACE". The player knows that the letters A and C will be present in the word of the day but not in those positions. Through the second guess - "CARRY", the player knows that the second letter now presented in green is definitely "A" but the answer will not contain an "R" or a "Y"  - nor an "E" or a "P". The cogs in the player's mind are turning. He or she is already making intelligent deductions but will they reach the answer  by the sixth line?

By the way, on this occasion the word was "TACIT"...


If you fancy playing Wordle - go here - and good luck to you!



from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/bTPCB8E

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق