The Aardvark

 

Picking the right gift for someone is fraught with difficulty.
I once realised that a relationship was going south when a boyfriend bought me a microwave oven for Christmas 
I was right, that relationship failed 
Not because of the Microwave, 
But because he was a knob.

I’m usually pretty good a buying the right gift for the right person.
This year I’ve concentrated on slightly alternative gifts
For friends I have bought tickets to the Royal Ballet, The Liverpool Philharmonic and to the famous Folk Festival here in Trelawnyd. Of course I’m going too which means that I have in effect bought myself a whole set of Christmas Gifts too ( there’s method in my madness) 
Other gifts have been more eclectic . My sisters always the pragmatists make a Christmas list each, so I’ve gone in quick sticks and ticked off all of their nicest wants before anyone else can get to them. 
Other recipients will get a whole plethora of alternative presents. A toboggan ride on a mountain, a simulated sky dive, trees planted by the National Trust and an “adoption”of the most beautiful of aardvarks in Chester Zoo.

I finish nights at 8am this morning and have been rostered back on day shift tomorrow.
So today will be a rest day.
I will have to pop round to see Mrs R sometime today. She left me a somewhat tearful message on my land line in the middle of my night shifts which I only picked up yesterday. 
Her husband had died suddenly and over the years I had given her practical advice about his health matters
On a brighter note Rachel over at the riding stables has just had a healthy baby boy and Affable despot Jason’s older girl Eve has just celebrated her 16th birthday

Ebb and flow 

I may cancel my landline. I never use it



from Going Gently https://ift.tt/3cW2rj1

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق