Bored

My Vietnamese Spring Rolls


The one thing most irritating thing about feeling unwell is that it’s boring
I’m on the third day of           Antibiotic and although my urine is now a clear amber I still feel lethargic and not well and still have a backache.
I’ve done laundry, odd jobs and have moved things from one place in the cottage to another , which is a thing most of us do when we are feel at a bit of a loss 
The dogs have been walked, Trefor’s dressing completed and I’ve made tasty Vietnamese spring rolls with   Rice wrappers I found in my sushi drawer. 
These non fried rolls I filled with vermicelli noodles, prawns and salmon, coriander and slivers of avocado ( I didn’t have lettuce ) the dipping sauce is a simple mixture of fish sauce, lime juice, garlic, chilli, a tiny bit of sugar and water
The 2014 memorial for the Honghkou Shanghai Jews


I then watched a documentary Harbor From The Holocaust which was a moving and fascinating account of how 18,000 German Jews survived the war in Japanese occupied Shanghai . This was followed by a gentle Argentinian gay film called Hawaii which was delightful as it had a happy ending.


I cleaned Mary’s ears with antibacterial fluid then cleaned Dorothy’s so she wouldn’t feel left out. 
And I tackled a few of the eight or so magazines, which I treated myself to yesterday when I went shopping.
The magazine thing was a bit of a blast from the past when impulse I bought copies of Private Eye, The New Yorker, Empire, Total Film, The National Geographic, Antiques & Home and Hello Magazine


I ve just made myself a decaf coffee and took some paracetamol 
Chic Eleanor has just phoned, she and our friends Sara and Pask are coming here for dinner next Saturday 
I’ve checked the clock as the light seems to have changed over the field and I’ve seen Pippa from the Rectory in her leopard print Fez walk past the cottage towards home

It’s only quarter past three

Heyho


from Going Gently https://ift.tt/3BR0u1l

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق