The Wedding Suit



In October my nephew Jon and his girlfriend Holly get married.
It’s the first family wedding since my own back in 2015.
Jon is my brother’s son. 
(For those that don’t know, my brother Andrew died of motor neurone disease almost ten years ago now)
The wedding will be a relaxed affair in a country hotel over the border and so, I think my family is going to book a large shared suite at the hotel in order to stay over.
It will be nice to have a few drinks. 
I do love a nice wedding.

The only knotty thing about the wedding is that I will need a suit.
I am sure, non of you will be surprised to hear that I don’t own one.

I did have a tuxedo however, a matching one I wore at my wedding. But since I have lost over two stone ( and counting) it no longer fits!  I dug it and my dress shirt out last week and took it to one of the hospice charity shops for recycling. 
The man behind the counter was broad, like me..and he immediately took a personal interest in the tux when I handed it in with the caviat that it had only been worn one by one not-so-careful owner. 
“ I think it’s my size” he preened and asked hopefully  “Have you got the tie to go with it too?.” 

I told him I had not, for I had kept the woollen maroon tie and had placed it in my almost empty tie drawer ( alongside my black funeral tie)
…It is the only thing I have kept from my wedding day….….I’m still not quite sure just why I have kept hold of it.

And so I am still left with the suit dilemma. Should I buy one for the wedding or just get a jacket and trousers ? I’m not sure of what is appropriate.
A bit lost I reviewed my options and have texted Chic Eleanor for advice
She’s left me with a reassuring and simple note of
Leave Things to me”
The wedding isn’t until October so I will wait to nearer the wedding day to pic my duds as I hope to lose at least another stone plus before the nuptials.
I don’t want to be the fat bastard in the wedding photos


from Going Gently https://ift.tt/3mjjtNQ

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق