Revalidation

 

I’m back to work this week.
I’m working nights over the weekend.
So I still have a few days off until then, but this week my days will be filled with completing my nursing revalidation .
For those that don’t know, nurses in the Uk have to adhere to a strict code of conduct as set out by The Nursing And Midwifery Council NMC. We pay an annual subscription of 120£ in order to work and every three years we have to prove to the council that we are fit to practice by providing evidence that we have updated ourselves professionally over that period. 
This evidence has to be then presented to an objective senior nurse who will sign you off as having reached the required standard to practice.
This week, I am completing my own paperwork. 
It’s a bit of a chore to be honest, and one which is a little more complicated for me as I have had a period when I was effectively retired from nursing.
Anyone can look on the NMC website, and it’s sobering to see where a lot of our annual subscription money is being utilised which are the legal investigations of nurses involved in fitness to practice and in house disciplinary procedures.
In May 106 nurses were investigated and in June the number was 118. 
In the majority some sort of disciplinary action was involved.

Mistakes happen and the NHS and private organisations such as the hospice are much better at recognising    these in house but as in any job, there are bad apples that need to be removed from any barrel and a code of conduct can be an instrumental tool in achieving that.

I don’t really know where I am going with this, I’m just having a mull about things in my head I guess, but I do find it 
interesting that on the same day that the Queen has given the George Cross to the entire NHS the Government is still offering just a one percent pay rise . Something that we may not even receive in the charity sector .







from Going Gently https://ift.tt/3yp1iJz

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق