One Is Fun



 Back in the 1980s my mother, thinking she was kind, bought me a copy of Delia Smith’s One is Fun cookbook.
I was mortified .
She might as well have accused me of being the last spinster in the parish 
How sad I felt.

Tonight I decided to support the village pub with their takeaway initiative and ordered myself a minted lamb burger with a side of macaroni cheese. 
“ Is that the order in full?” I was asked professionally 
“ Yes it’s just me “ I replied suddenly feeling like a right sad sack 
A singleton of the parish.
Do you remember that episode of Sex And The City when single Miranda felt judged by the Chinese takeaway lady? 
I was reminded of that today

The meal was expensive for a treat for one, but it was a treat and I’ve got enough macaroni for supper tomorrow .


The food was bloody delicious 
But I did feel a bit like a sad sack 



from Going Gently https://ift.tt/2Mwt6t3

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق