Tiers

After being in COVID Tier 2 for little more than a week, Sheffield and South Yorkshire have now been placed in the top tier - Tier 3. It makes you wonder why we weren't in the top tier in the first place. After all, any effects of the Tier 2 restrictions did not have chance to filter through. It is all very confusing.

I have read the official Tier 3  guidelines very carefully. The fact that these guidelines consist of both rules and advice is itself confusing. For example, we are advised not to travel outside South Yorkshire from Saturday onwards but if I do and the bobbies happen to stop me am I breaking the law? Apparently not but a cop who has not read the guidelines might think otherwise.

At this point I was going to insert some made-up silly Tier 3 rules - just for fun but when I saw what I had written, I thought to myself - that's not funny. In fact, it has been difficult to find any  humour in this entire COVID-19 saga. It's a continuing nightmare like a never-ending season of "Love Island" or "At Home With the Kardashians" that we are all required to watch.

Tonight we have arranged to meet up with Frances and Stewart for dinner at "The Robin Hood" in Millhouses but we won't be allowed to sit at the same table as we live in different houses. The landlady has agreed to give us two adjacent tables - two metres apart and of course we may only remove our face masks when seated. We will see how it goes. At least I won't be cooking tonight.

Partly for future reference, here are some of today's COVID statistics:-

Great Britain: 789,229 known cases overall. 44,158 deaths. Yesterday there were 26,688 new cases and 191 deaths.

Australia: 27,466 known cases overall. 905 deaths. Yesterday there were 22 new cases but no extra deaths.

Florida USA: 762,534 cases overall. 16,210 deaths.



from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/3jmMdAh

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق