67

It was my birthday on Thursday. In fact, now that I come to think about it I was born on a Thursday. "Thursday's child has far to go" replaced the earlier "Thursday's child is sour and sad". Take your pick. I have never been a big fan of birthdays - well not my own anyway. In all those long years of working in education I never told any of my colleagues when my birthday was and as it happens, nobody ever asked. That suited me fine. No fuss.

On Thursday morning I had a slap up full English breakfast at "The Norfolk Arms" and then in the evening with Shirley, Frances and Stewart we had dinner in a Sicilian restaurant at nearby Hunter's Bar. We had not been there before but we all agreed that the food was excellent.  It's funny dining out in these COVID-19 times though. Everything stripped down, social distancing and the waitress wearing a mask. It's not good for the general ambience.

The following pictures show you most of what I received for my birthday. All that is missing is a few more cards.
The "Happy Beers Day" card was from Meike In Ludwigsburg, Germany and the tiger card was from my younger brother - Simon. Frances created the card that was decorated with little bugs. The old Hull City football programme (1953) was from my old friend Tony - a fellow Hull City supporter. Shirley gave me the new "Bosh!" book, the new bird feeder and the new CD from Bob Dylan.

I am hoping to reach 68 - but you never know, do you?


from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/2GY3X7K

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق