WORLD ATLAS BOOK AND FERNS

 Yesterday I went out to collect some leaves - leaves that had fallen recently and were still soft.  In fall when leaves start dropping if you want to do anything with them and not have them break you have to get them soon after they drop and haven't dried out yet.  Since it's so early in fall there's not a lot of variety yet.  Liquid Amber leaves  are just beginning to turn and I've only found a few on the ground.  Wild ferns are all over the place and easy to get.  Dogwoods are changing fast as are black oak and some others I'm not sure of what they are.  So I went to two different shoreline areas knowing which trees I wanted to see if they were dropping yet.

When I got home I wanted to flatten the leaves out so I could use them in another leaf project.  I have an old Reader's Digest World Atlas book that's large and heavy with beautiful maps.  I placed these leaves  in there along with other leaves on different pages to flatten them.  I thought these looked so pretty, almost like an art piece.    




ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق