HUNTER'S HIKE

When we lived at our long time family house (for about 30 years) before we tried mountain living, we lived near the foothills and actually out our back yard we could take a trail that if you went far enough you would  end up near some waterfalls.  I think I loved the mountains because of seeing them all the time especially when covered in snow.  To go to the mountains was a pain because on the weekend the roads were jammed during winter with tourists going up so we rarely when up to the snow. 

So one day my son showed up with his girlfriend and her daughter Paige.  I took out with the kids  who were about 4 years old  (Paige and Hunt Dog as my sons all called him ) to go on a short hike.  I had my camera (of course) and took many photos that day and then came home and sketched  from one of the photos.  This is when we were just heading out after climbing through our fence that had a broken area you could get out to the trail from.  Whoever built the house and fenced the yard before us never thought to put in a gate to the trails.  I always wanted to do that but it never happened but we found a way out when the chain link came loose from the frame in one area. 

(sketch from 2007)

I always wanted to keep up with grandkid sketches but I've fallen far short of that happening.


This is Hunt-Dog  now at 17.   Hunt lives in Montana now.  His girlfriend sent me this photo and it seemedso much like Hunter to have his cat in the car with him.    He has been a cat lover his whole life. I imagine when he gets his own home some day he will rescue a whole shelter full of cats.   


ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق