Attention to detail Nurse Gray ..attention to detail!!!!



" Pay particular attention to the details of your work. 
Paying attention to detail makes for the personal touch...it is thoughtful and  it is kind"

This was a particular manra of my tutor Mr Brint , back in my psychiatric days
I remember it well as in one lession we had, the class was taught how to put ladies hair rollers in! 
The ladies were a group of "patient volunteers" from the long stay ward and Mr Brint and a tired looking Occupational therapist were showing us all how to shampoo and set!
" Hair and make up are vital for good self esteem" Mr Brint trilled " Everyone can be made to feel beautiful " 
He looked over at me as I manfully tried to roll my patient's grey locks around a roller which resembled a hairy caterpillar 
" And how is your lady looking Nurse Gray?" he purred 
I looked at my lady's head thick with haphazard looking rollers 
" She looks like a German mine!" I told him honestly 
His heart was always in the right place 

Mr Brint was right. It is attention to detail that makes a difference 
I was reminded of that yesterday when I collected my mail from my work pidgeon box
In it was a thank you card. 

Hand written from a friend of a patient who had died  a couple of months ago now.
The friend thanked me , not for  any sparking nursing care  but for a small moment of attention to detail where I had " sneaked " into the patient's room , two large rum and cokes from the kitchen booze stores which I had presented to them both on a tray with a paper doily on it.

They had Mr Brint to thank for that one

" Attention to detail Nurse Gray, Attention to detail!" 

I was reminded again of all this by a gift pushed through the letterbox
It was a gift from fellow Chorister Hattie and the accompanying letter was written to me and another  choir member Heulwen 
We of the " Trelawnyd Sandwich" . 
Before lockdown we had all agreed to go to the cinema to see Military Wives.
You know the choir based  feel good movie
But real life and covid had gotten in the way, so on the first week of the DVD being released Hattie had bought us a copy to watch, one that we all three could talk about when we eventually meet up in Heulwen's garden.

Thoughtful and kind.....
Mr Brint would have approved of this attention to detail....


Ps thank you all for Winnie concern
She is brighter this morning x

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق