SPRING IN THE MOUNTAINS IS SO BEAUTIFUL

Where we live in the mountains there is an area which feels to me like country in the mountains.    
 Some people have ranches and there is actually a vineyard up here that has award winning wines.  I'm use to vineyards being near the coast and somewhat inland here in California so it was a surprise to find a vineyard in the mountains.

The birds return and if snow has fallen it melts quickly and it feels good to be outside.   We have had a lot of rain but for us no snow. 

The ravens come to the yard every day.  I am like a kid and if I have toast and the crust is not exactly as I like it - the ravens get a treat - multigrain toast.

My neighbor is out in her yard although I have only seen a quick peek of her but I know she is enjoying her garden and soon I will be enjoying her garden from my side of the fence.

So this is just a made up scene of a woman out enjoying feeding her ravens and she is so glad most of the snow in her yard has melted.  Soon she will walk about a mile down the hill to go fish at her favorite spot at the lake.  She recently moved to the mountains and plans on making her barn an art studio and the yard surrounding it into a summer zen garden.  Good luck to her - I wish I had her commitment to making her outside surroundings serene and beautiful.  But, she is a fortunate woman, she isn't surrounded by a forest of trees that drop pine needles and seeds everywhere she walks.  She has a good clearing for her garden and sanctuary.

Meanwhile, I will just sit out on my  deck and enjoy seeing how she creates her beautiful spaces. 



“Faeries, come take me out of this dull world,
For I would ride with you upon the wind,
Run on the top of the dishevelled tide,
And dance upon the mountains like a flame.”


― William Butler Yeats, The Land of Heart's Desire


ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق