Nearly 58

My back garden 

I've done practically nothing today
I was still so tired.
I've read more of the wonderful book " On The Red Hill " by Mike Parker surrounded by bulldogs and only moved to go to the loo where I continued to read, still surrounded by bulldogs before returning to my original resting place
The lane was busy with walkers, so when I eventually ventured outside to buy pet food conversations were had with German Bernard and Marjorie, Animal Helper Pat ( who was adding her garden waste to my field  bonfire) and Meirion ( a meeting I cut short with the excuse of feeding the animals as he likes a rather long chat)
I returned to the sofa soon after and was interrupted by a neighbour who was worried about the disappearance  of one bantam cockerels who live the gardens around here.
Mary, Dorothy and I went for a scout round and found lumps of sad feathers in a nearby field
I remember well, my livestock keeping days, they taught me well the ways and habits of the fox and badger

I will break the news to the locals later . They all have grown to love the bachelor cockerels.
The single surviving bantam quietly made his way across my garden to his roosting tree in the graveyard at dusk tonight.  
It's sad to see him alone.

My sister has just asked what I want for my birthday and after long think  I've asked her to upgrade by tiny front garden with her green fingers and some colourful planting.

We are 58 in a week's time 
58! The last time I really noticed I was 40
My sisters are a constant in my life...I've known them both 58 years!

Where does the time go?




ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق