Pride



Twice a day, when I'm on the way back and to from work, I see the beautifully stoic and grand Conwy Castle. Built in 1283 it has stood facing the sea, guarding the beautiful little town of Conwy from the might of the English.
Yesterday it was lit up in rainbow colours as a thank you to the key workers of our country and the single welsh word "Diolch" which means " Thank you" flashed across the estuary towards Llandudno where I work .
I was moved to tears, as I seem to have been done so many times this lockdown 


This week Auntie Glad was 101! 
So very frail and now living in a care home 16 miles away, Gladys celebrated her birthday with her carers separated from family and friends and the village Male voice choir who adopted her as their mascot many years ago now. 
Her daughter sent me this photo today to remind everyone that she was still with us and one look of that valiant, snowed haired old face took me flying back to the Flower Show Committee meetings held around her kitchen table , laden heavily with buttered scones and China cups with weak tea .
She would be so proud of her village if she knew just how well it's inhabitants had coped with this  lockdown . 

Today Hattie collected Mary from Trendy Carol's for her fix of doggie sweetness. and although the dog walker is back once during my 12 hour shift I still have to rely on Carol and her Hubby's good nature at taking the dogs in to her house for the afternoons for the girls to be looked after properly .
I could not have coped with things without them. 
Especially now as a single dad to three robust girls


Thank you guys so very much! 

I also have to thank the kind blog reader who sent me some homemade  uniform bags! 
I have used mine today and a dear colleague Quickly snapped up the other with a squeak of excitement .
Beautifully wrapped but without a name , 
I want to thank you personally for the kind gift ....so useful now that we have to keep our uniforms separate 


Affable despot Jason has bombarded the village social app site with funny , morale boosting videos and photos for weeks now. 
He is a one man sick humour feast! 
This is his latest Donald Trump advice photo to share 




And finally 
I have to thank all my blog readers who have bought my hospice's tee shirts ! 
We have done so well in selling them given the sudden lurve people have for our towns  goat population ! 
Apparantly.  Orders from abroad will be accepted 
Please google St Davids Hospice Llandudno for website 

https://stdavidshospice.org.uk/





ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق