A QUICK OLD SKETCH OF CARLY SIMON

Did you know that she once said,

"The sound of birds stops the noise in my mind."

I find the true.  Most of our summer travelers (birds)  have departed - along with the babies they had while here.  All I see in the way of birds in the yard that remain for fall are junkos, nuthatches, mountain chickadees, ravens, and stellars' jays.  Oh, can't forget the Woodpeckers.  I love listening to them when I'm not making noise in my mind and make room for their sounds.  

I love a quiet mind and I think where I live helps with that.  There are days very few cars go up and down our road - other days - quite a few as this time of year tree trimming has been going on but will be winding down once the snow stops and Edison's pole replacements around town will end also.  

With school starting up this last month - I usually see traffic in the morning and when school gets out in the afternoon.  But between that time I can count maybe 10 cars throughout the day that come up our road.  

Do you live where its' noisy or quiet - do you live surrounded by trees or more of a suburban feel or...city feel.  I love to visit big cities - my camera and I are so busy in a large city like Seattle - the skyscrapers, the feeling of always having something to do, some place to go other than what a small little town can offer.

I remember a visit to Manhattan and there was no way I could sleep at night.  Our hotel was near Central Park and all I wanted to do was walk the streets and feel the energy even at 3:00 in the morning you could look out of your window and see activity. 

Anyway, another week starts up and the fog is behind us and I'm going to our local theater in Blue Jay to see Downton Abbey today.  I'm excited as I loved every episode of that long series.

I still see the old pencil marks on this sketch I did ten years ago.  When  - when will I get inspired again, lol.  I actually drew an outline of a building and that's as far as I got yesterday - I have no desire to go further with it right now. 






ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق