DAILY SKETCH - BOY FEEDING COOTS

One day after the snow two weeks ago, we went over to Lake Gregory and watched this little boy feeding the coots.  All of a sudden he started to run because the coots were chasing him and I think he felt threatened.  He was only about 4 years old.

I took several photos of him because he was so cute and I knew I eventually would want to sketch the scene.  His father was waiting  in the parking lot  close by, ready to help him if he needed it.  Coots can appear to a little guy to be threatening as they all start running towards the person feeding them.  This time of year they will chase anybody who even looks like they are carrying food especially if they have a bag in their hands. 

I always apologize to them (COOTS) ... as we walk by and I have no food, having left it in the trunk of the car.  We keep a big bag of duck food in the trunk but I always forget to leave a baggie in there so we can carry it along with us as we walk the lake shore.  They don't seem to hold a grudge:)



ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق