Kilroy and Peter Rabbit woz here

 I’ve been sleeping in the spare room for the past week.
I don’t quite know the reason for the change from a lovely kind size bed onto the antique brass single bed in the corner of my office, but move I did and yesterday afternoon the room felt overly cozy what with me , Dorothy and Albert curled up in what was free at the time of settling .
I’m on night shift for most of the weekend.
The bed squeaks dreadfully when you turn and squeals alarmingly when you first sit down on it, but it’s comfortable and warm and reminds me of when I was a child.
Perhaps that’s why I’ve sought it out just after Christmas.
Alan Bennett always sleeps in a single bed, he wrote about it in his memoirs 

It kind of suits him, I think.
Mind you he never shared his bed with a bulldog.

Yesterday I went to bed before nights at 2 pm. 
I’m full of thoughts at the moment, 
Things to do, things I want to do. 
Things not done.
In my double bed sleep takes a while to catch me 
In my single bed, I doze long before Dorothy has stopped licking any limb poking from under the duvet.
Peter Rabbit I remind myself  and now at 2 am in the morning, I’ve wrapped the book up and addressed the padded envelope in readiness to post on Monday morning
I like giving books to Children and infants and you can’t go wrong with The Tales of Peter Rabbit. for a first gift. My great nephew Rew will receive it next week.
The start of his collection. 
I’ve written on the cover 
To my Great Nephew Rew Gray from your great Uncle John Gray
The inscription pleased me.

I’m feeling my mortality a bit this month. 
Work gets you like that sometimes, and insidiously wrong foots you, so the inscription feels positive in a sort of I was ‘ere kind of way…like Kilroy used to say.





from Going Gently https://ift.tt/NeATBJZ

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق