Alarm

This was Phoebe earlier today - pictured at the end of a play tunnel when she attended another two year old's birthday party. Actually, Phoebe will not be two until next Sunday. I think this image - clicked by my daughter - captures her down to a tee - the innate happiness and her sense of mischief.

On Wednesday and Friday mornings she is my alarm clock. As a night owl, I usually sleep till late. Shirley brings Phoebe back to our house in her car. The front door opens and the granddaughter marches in.  She stands at the bottom of our stairs and yells:-
Grandpa! Grandpa!
This stirs me from my slumbers and bleary-eyed I stumble to the top of the stairs, yelling back:-
Phoebe! Phoebe!
Of course, it won't always be like this but right now having her as my human alarm clock is a beautiful thing and I am glad I have written this down in a blogpost for remembering in the future. That's all.


from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/ROZyxMk

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق