Broadbottom

Please don't get me wrong. This blogpost's title does not refer to the wide posteriors of some "Yorkshire Pudding " visitors. No way. I would not be so rude. Broadbottom is a village in  Greater Manchester right next to the Derbyshire border.

I was there earlier today. Taking a long hike in the lovely June weather. No need for a jacket. My FDNY T shirt would suffice. I parked Clint near the church in Mottram-in-Longdendale, smeared any exposed skin with sun cream  and then set off.

The Hague - near Broadbottom

After eight miles I felt weary in the sunshine. Mottram church was just ahead. I would go over a stile and descend into a wooded valley where a stream ran. Up the other side and then through the cemetery to the old church.

But just one problem. Cattle! They were milling around near the stile . A motley crew of around thirty - including a few calves. They had broad bottoms. There was no way that I was  going to panic them. They seemed very interested  in me - as if I  was a pop star getting off an aeroplane. A diversion was in order.

Through long grass. Half a mile to the  top of the sloping ground and then right past a pond. Over a couple of barbed wire fences and then up to the blackened church on a hill. Was the artist L.S.Lowry buried here? I don't know but he lived the last years of his life in this village.

I changed my footwear and put my hairy broad bottom  into  Clint's cockpit, ready for the hour long drive back to Sheffield via Glossop and The  Snake Pass. Yet another "Grand Day Out". I could say more, much more, but on this occasion I won't.

The parish church in  Mottram - dedicated to St Michael and All Angels


from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/3ct9uzY

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق