Vaccination


Arrangements for mass-vaccination at The Sheffield Arena were impressively slick and efficient. Clint was shepherded into the car park by volunteers in day-glo tabards and then I entered the Arena itself.

There was very little waiting. I registered in the entrance lobby before I went into the vast concert space. There were twenty vaccination stations. Behind each screened area there was a vaccinator and a clerk sitting at a computer.

I was called into bay number 6. Details were checked and basic vaccination questions were asked. Then the needle went into my upper arm. Before I left the allocated station, I asked if I could have a sticker  (see top picture) telling the two women that that was the only reason I had agreed to have the vaccine. This made them chuckle.

Then I had to sit in a waiting area for fifteen minutes before returning to Clint.

"Have you had the jab then?" he asked in his curious South Korean accent.

"Yes I have thank you very much!" I replied.

There was a pregnant pause.

"When am I getting my shot then?" asked Clint.

"What?" I scowled in disbelief. "You are a motor car. They don't vaccinate motor cars."

"Well I want to be protected!" he yelled.

And before I could even strap myself into Clint's cockpit he had driven off in  a huff, leaving me in a cloud of exhaust fumes. I didn't have any money on me so I had to walk back home - almost five miles. Honestly, if Clint doesn't watch it I will have him scrapped. That will teach him!

By the way, I was given the AstraZeneca vaccine. I will get my second dose on May 3rd.  15.5 million  British citizens have now received their first shot - 29%.of the entire adult population.  The programme  is going really well and as I say, I was most impressed with yesterday's arrangements.



from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/37fR6YQ

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق