Revisiting An Old Friend



Tomorrow, after some shopping I will meet up with Nu and a lot of old faces.
Today, I’m on my own
London was hot this morning, but not as drastically hot, by all accounts as yesterday.  I popped down the Northern line to Waterloo and ambled under the trees on Southbank’s Queen’s Walk, where I drank coffee and watched people for an age. 
From there I mooched back into town, had a drink in Soho and perused the bookshops and arty bespoke shops down the side streets of Covent Garden
I am now having an early dinner at Dishoom on upper St Martin’s Lane before I go to the theatre.
Dishoom was a favourite restaurant when I was married. 
It was nice to reclaim it again.

Going to a restaurant on my own is another milestone for me. Before I’ve always had the cushion of friends to buffer that feeling that I am a singleton. But today, I’ve grabbed the bull by the horns and booked myself a table…FOR ONE !!! 
It’s all rather New York….well that’s what I’m telling myself anyway.

Dishoom has delightful food.
I’ve ordered the spicy lamb chops, the house black daal, the gunpowder potatoes and a Naan.
My iPad is my buffer, but to be honest, I realise that no one gives a flying fuck if I’m sat on my own or with Sarah Jessica Parker. 



I’ve told you already that I’m returning for a second visit to see Come From Away tonight. The musical has reopened just yesterday and I adored its story of kindness and hope amid the chaos and destruction of 9/11, when I first saw it.
For those few that don’t know, Come From Away explores several themes and stories set during 9/11 where over seven thousand people were stranded from  38 planes in the small Newfoundland town of Gander. The townsfolk had to house and feed AND clothe the passengers during those very dark days in 2001 and that story makes for an uplifting, tale of the goodness of people.



from Going Gently https://ift.tt/36VRjQd

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق