COLLECTING LEAVES ALONG THE TRAIL

 The other day Mike dropped me off near a trail which is close by a Stater Brothers up here in the mountains - He shopped while I walked)  As i was walking I noticed a lot of these type of leaves had dropped on the ground - they seemed to be the only ones changing in color except for the dogwoods.  I started picking them up as I walked along  - good exercise  - as I would bend down and pick a few that I liked along the way.  I had two handfuls by the time I knew I needed to head back to the beginning of the trail.

Since last fall I've wanted to try and make something with the leaves I collect.  So, this is my first attempt.  I had something else planned for them but couldn't pull it off so I just did a design.  I glued them on a stryofoam board and then after that took a black pen to outline and then put lacquer on them.  I actually really enjoyed doing this.   I think I'll be make some more patterns as I find some of my favorite leaves during the fall (like aspen).  I have no idea what kind of tree these leaves fell from.   

The other day I was looking up a definition of a word and from there had found a site that teaches Japanese.  I found out today that Aki is the Japanese term for fall or autumn.

How are you all doing - I've been busy with decluttering but also with working on sorting through some of my dad's art work and poetry to add to his autobiography he wrote.  It's taking quite a bit of time to organize all his papers and then I had ordered a  3 hole punch which just came today from Amazon so now I can enter more pages into the ringed binder.  

The air feels clearer at least where I am .  The fires are still burning (Not close to me) and I so hope they get them out soon.  One of the fires in Oak Glen was started from a Gender Reveal party  (an explosive device like a fire work that when lit gives out either blue or pink smoke)  which began the huge El Dorado Fire.  




ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق