Poem

An estimated 100 million cups of tea are drunk in Britain every day - that is almost 36 billion cups per year. Though coffee has continued to increase in popularity, it lags way behind tea which is still very much the nation's preferred hot drink. I myself drink four or five mugs of tea every day. I have mine strong with a glug of semi-skimmed milk and one spoonful of sugar. Like most British people, I don't go in for fancy teas - just the simple everyday tea that is now commonly referred to as "builders' tea".

I wrote this poem in praise of tea in the past forty minutes. I am sure that if a teacher was assessing it, he or she might well remark: "Could do better!". Perhaps I will try another tea poem some time soon.

💢💢💢💢💢💢💢

Tea

Life has its ups and it has its downs
In rural parts and busy towns
But instead of crying “Woe is me!”
Head for your kitchen
To make some tea!

For tea is the elixir of human life -
A cure-all for every trouble and strife.
Make it at daybreak or late at night,
After drinking a cuppa
You’ll feel all right.

We drink tea at funerals when a human life ends
And it’s also the best way to welcome our friends.
It’s part of this nation’s proud history
Cos there’s nothing quite like
A nice cup of tea.


from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/B7bSuoZ

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق