Proof

Yes. I did get to Romiley and back and had a lovely, long walk in gorgeous sunshine.  From the station - along  Compstall Road through the suburb of Cherry Tree  then along a quiet single track lane to High Benfield Farm. Through sheep pastures and up the hill to Uplands Farm. Across Werneth Low Road then passing a golf course to reach Hyde War Memorial magnificently  perched on a hill overlooking the town.

Down to the district of Gee Cross and along Hyde Road for two miles to Woodley. I walked alongside that main road until I reached The Peak Forest Canal. There's a path by the side of it and it led me for a further two miles to Romiley and the railway station. As planned, I caught the 16.08 home. It was crowded but I got a seat and in an hour I was back at Dore and Totley Station in Sheffield.

You know the camera never lies, so here's my proof that this walk really happened:-

The Peak Forest Canal was completed in 1805





Dilapidated house by Hyde Road , Woodley
View of Manchester from Werneth Low



from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/Ee6WCGS

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق