This Too Shall Pass



I slept until 6 pm  
I slept heavily still with my crocs and hoodie on.
I slept with Dorothy watching me carefully as she does before I eventually opened my eyes at dusk 
It’s a habit she got into not long after she arrived

It’s not been a particularly nice day, so I made it a bit better by having a shower, walking the dogs in twilight and by eating  a nostalgic supper of chicken and mushroom pot noodle straight from the pot
Comfort food from the Spar in Dyserth. 

As I walked to the till with my pot noodle and tin of whiskers a boy of around seven asked me if I knew where the cheese was. I showed him and there followed  a rather sweet conversation between us of where the mild cheddar was. He had obviously been sent out by his mother to get something for tea . 
I pointed out a large block which cost over three pounds and the boy told me he hadn’t got enough money 
We searched the shelves together until  I found a smaller non branded block which still he couldn’t afford so I gave him a pound which gave him the extra and smiled to myself when he told the cashier to keep the change when he was 9 pence in credit.

I watched The Repair Shop and had a good cry at the table renovation.
And we are all going to bed feeling just a little bit better.

I’m not going to bang on about the lows of being single.
We all know what they are, and we singletons live with the negatives by generally celebrating the positives when we can . 
The negatives can just creep up behind you when you are unawares , like rainy clouds do in Autumn.
And I hate it when those negatives slap your face hard when you really don’t want them to.

At least I have a nervous bulldog who watches over me carefully when I sleep
Who can ever say that ……? Eh ?


from Going Gently https://ift.tt/4DAWb9h

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق