Pilgrimage

Today, following in Steve Reed's footsteps, I made it to Putney Vale Cemetery where Sandy Denny is buried. Her voice and her song-writing figured importantly in the soundtrack of my teenage years.

She died a tragic death at the tender age of thirty one. Her only child - Georgia - had  been born just nine months earlier. I took a handful of white flowers to Sandy's grave and I popped them in a heavy glass vase that I found tipped over behind her gravestone. With a little water I hoped they might last longer.

That's when I noticed the grave immediately behind hers. It contains the mortal remains of her mother Edna, her father  Neil and her brother David who died in a tragic car crash in 1980 jut two years after his famous sister.



from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/nlk6xYo

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق