Suburbia

Sheffield's southwestern suburbs sprawl towards The Peak District and the rural lanes of northern Derbyshire. Within ten minutes of our house, Clint can whisk me to the starting points of several  circular suburban walking routes that I have worked out over the years.

Yesterday morning, I  got out for one such walk before I had to set to preparing the family Sunday dinner.

I parked at the end of Totley Hall Lane. Clint said, "Don't be long!" and indeed I wasn't. The walk only took eighty minutes but it was good to get out with my boots on. I was  once again experiencing the wonder of two legged motion that most of us take for granted. Looking back through this blog I note that I began a similar walk from the same spot back in March 2018.

In the image at the top of this blogpost, you can see Gillifield Wood  with the pleasant suburb of Totley beyond and beyond that the Peak District hills. Through Gillifield Wood runs a stream called Totley Brook which in this district has long marked the boundary between Derbyshire and The West Riding of Yorkshire.

In the picture below, I haven't ambled far from the viewpoint of the previous photo. I was standing close to Woodthorpe Hall which Frances and Stewart considered as a wedding venue back in the summer of 2019 but in the end they made a much better choice. 

If interested, here's the Woodthorpe Hall website. If the truth be known, you don't get much for your money there. You don't get to use the old hall itself and you have to pay extra for the erection of a wedding marquee. This isn't made clear in the promotional  text.


from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/TKqb1At

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق