The Last Walk Of The Day


For the very first time in weeks now, Albert followed us on our last walk of the day.
It’s been a nice day all told, ( I will tell you about the Pond Audit tomorrow) and I wanted to get home ready for The Archers so a little early I lead the dogs down the lane for a mooch. 
It was Dorothy that stopped, lifting her head to stare up back at the cottage corner , and round the corner came Albert. He was slow, very slow, and noticeably thinner than he was his characteristic limp also much evident, but down the lane he came, rubbing heads with each dog in turn as he lapped us.
He’s not long for this Earth, I know
But seeing him following us tonight, and return home five minutes later than us, gave me a lump in my throat 

 



from Going Gently https://ift.tt/4iLw1f5

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق