Rome

 

With Boris on the firing line today at Partygate, I’m amazed to hear that it’s three years since the first lockdown . Three years!!
I’m almost overwhelmed by the thought.
I’m looking at the art wall in the kitchen…..at the start of Lockdown there was only a couple of paintings there…..


The dogs and I had a serious chat this morning, 
Over in the Churchyard, in the weak sun of the morning.
Well I did most of the talking to be fair and Mary and Dorothy hung on every word as they have a want to do.
Roger spied an early bee flying in disorientated circles near the flowers on Auntie Gladys’ grave and smiled to himself .
He never listens  to anything more serious .
Albert limped over and head butted Roger who almost toppled over in shock
I left the boys to it.

I feel more energised than I have in a while. 
I feel more in control and more hopeful with things
I think I’ve been a little depressed over lockdown and a smidgen beyond it
And I told the girls so this morning.
I’m sure they nodded carefully

I have them a big smile and told them that
I’ve just booked a trip to Rome 
It’s in September and I’m going alone.
If a friend wants to join me ….then great.
If not, that’s cool too

Im going to Rome, and I will be able to fit in my best Walking Dead T shirt ….the Large one….
Not the extra large one when I do so.
I fly from London and hopefully see friends there before I go.

What do you think? I asked the gang
Dorothy blew a kiss and Mary pushed forward to be first
Roger was now watching crows in Well Street trees and hadn’t a clue

Io Vado a Roma…Bella








from Going Gently https://ift.tt/cwTQRGf

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق