More

Looking to Castle Howard from the pyramid

Another midnight is fast approaching. Time to churn out yet another blogpost here at The Yorkshire Pudding Blogpost  factory. All I have for you today is  more of the images I collected during my two days away in the Ryedale district of North Yorkshire.

I woke up far too early on Wednesday morning. Perhaps it was the daylight that seeped into my room. I had hit the pillow quite late on Tuesday night after watching a charming film on BBC 2 - "One Way to Denmark" (2019) starring Rafe Spall as Herb and Simone Lykke as Matilda. One reviewer correctly described the plot as "sad and gently hopeful". There were no murders. It was about believable ordinary lives and set in both Wales and Denmark. There was tenderness, emotional integrity and humour too. I loved it.

I guess I had just four hours of proper sleep. After five hours of walking on Wednesday, I was feeling weary as I steered Clint homewards. My eyes were heavy and so after ten miles I sensibly pulled into a parking area by the A64 York-Leeds road and slept for ten minutes. It was all I needed to freshen up and get home safely.

"The Blacksmiths Arms", Flaxton. Sadly, the pub closed permanently earlier this year.

Postbox in Sheriff Hutton

Specially for Ms Moon - black headed sheep in West Lilling

Tony in front of South View - a cottage in Thornton-le Clay
Another view of the same windmill with hawthorn blossom


from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/gvrzluY

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق