Feather

 

The Duke of California Sussex attended his father's coronation yesterday before flying back to Sussex California. As the great telltale tit sat in his allocated seat in Westminster Abbey, his head was often obscured from view by the big red feather on Princess Anne's towering bicorn hat. I found this rather amusing - possibly because I have got a warped sense of humour.

As he sat there amidst the pageantry, I wonder if Harry was contemplating another lucrative tell-all account - about how he was blanked at the coronation....

 "Papa did not even look my way when the crown was plonked on his head and he didn't embrace me as he marched up the aisle. Once again, I felt rejected like the 'spare' that I am.

My aunt, Princess Anne, had been deliberately placed in front of me with a huge red feather upon her hat in order to make me a laughing stock around the world.  And nobody bothered to ask about my wife and my children - Archie and Lilibet. I could feel my mental health being badly impacted and I wished that I hadn't chosen to attend the coronation

As usual, my brother William tried to take centre stage as I looked on. I asked myself - Why isn't everybody looking at me? For I am also a prince of the realm. Instead, the cameras focused on bully boy William's brats. And I asked myself - why wasn't Archie invited to be a pageboy? But of course I knew the answer. Once again 'The Firm' were closing ranks on me - excluding me just as they excluded my blameless mother and ultimately assassinated her."

What a shame that the sun did not shine upon London to bring out the colours of the pageantry and the military uniforms. However, I was relieved to see the ceremonies run smoothly from beginning to end. No nutcases interrupted and no outrages were committed by wicked terrorists.

⦿

Meanwhile, up here in Sheffield we have got scaffolding around our house because we are having a new roof fitted in the week ahead. The current roof is almost a hundred years old so we decided it was time to bite the bullet like many of our neighbours.

Linked with this, I went up into our attic this afternoon for the first time in five or six years. I looked at some of the stuff we put up there and I thought: Why? What were we thinking about? It would have been more sensible to just get rid of that junk in the first place. Now I have set myself the task of reducing much of that detritus in the next forty eight hours.

By the way, the reason I haven't been up there in so long is because I try hard to look after my knees, avoiding long term knee pain. A bit of contortion is required to get through the hatch. I may share with you a couple of items I found in the attic. I will be up there again tomorrow using thick foam rubber cushions in an effort to protect my old knees.



from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/WgVJi3h

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق