Swimming the Channel

 Bluebell broke down again today which was more my fault than hers. The same easily mended issue with the gear stick which I promised myself I’d sort two months ago. The RAC man should have bollocked me but he didn’t and I was on my way within an hour.
I’d broken down next to the pond in the next village, So the hour turned to be incredibly relaxing.
I rearranged the inside of the car, moved lunch with my friend to Friday and arranged a visit to see old Trefor at his nursing home in Rhyl later today. 
I found some general purpose wipes and washed my face and in a fit of self care rooted into the glove box and found a container of face moisturiser accidentally left in the car by work colleague. 
Without really thinking I took a huge scoop and lathered my face as though I was about to swim the channel then looked up through the windscreen. 
What was I thinking?
Walking towards me, not ten yards away from Bluebell were three hikers.
I rubbed my face and the bloody stuff didn’t disappear as I expected it to, so when the hikers came to pass me they saw this face looking back at them 


I shouldn’t be let out I really !

This afternoon I fared better. A bought a selection of newspapers and visited Trefor at his residential home. He looked and sounded well and looked inaccurate at nearly 99 in a clean shirt and dressing gown 
My hoodie had great globs of moisturiser down the front of it 


from Going Gently https://ift.tt/XIRh6QL

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق