Stuff

©PaulThompson 2022

Weatherwise, it has been an unsettled week here in South Yorkshire. Yesterday was a good example - blustery showers interspersed with blue skies and sunshine. You didn't know whether you were coming or going. And it has been quite cold too.

That's how it is when you live on the western edge of Europe at a latitude of 53.3811° N, beside the temperamental Atlantic Ocean. This week's weather has been governed by an airflow from the Arctic but at the weekend a high pressure system from the south west will bring warmer and more settled weather.

To get more walking and photography done in what I call virgin territory, I have booked a room in a cheap guesthouse in the Lincolnshire market town of Louth. That's on Monday night. I plan to get two long walks in - one on the Monday and one next Tuesday before I head home.

Louth is under two hours from this keyboard. I have had a hankering to go there since before COVID and now I am off. It sits on the eastern side of the rolling Lincolnshire Wolds which is a beautiful area to explore. Strangely, it doesn't attract hordes of visitors. Co-incidentally, Frances, Stew and Phoebe's new house is on Louth Road here in Sheffield.

They were round here yesterday evening and I treated them to one of my famous spaghetti bolognese meals. The sauce had been simmering for three hours with just an occasional stir - softening the texture of the minced beef and nicely blending the various ingredients together. My sauce has evolved significantly from the one I was patiently taught to make by my Italian flatmate Paulo Palompo when I was at university. He has lived in The Shetland Isles for many years now.

Last evening I saw a film recording of the London grandbabe's current life. Scanned in his/her mother's womb, he/she is wriggling and growing and thankfully all appears very normal. The same is true of the new Sheffield grandbabe though I haven't seen moving images of that particular bundle of joy. It remains an exciting time.

Not too long ago we thought we would never become grandparents and now it looks like we will be blessed with at least three grandchildren. I hope the two unborn cousins will bring as much delight into our lives as Little Phoebe has done. Last night, as she was heading home, she pushed me back over the the threshold saying, "Back in Grandpa!" Cheeky little monkey!



from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/sBevoYH

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق